Record level auditing allows you to have separate audit tables dedicated to one database record.
Below are the steps to turn on record level auditing
1) Clone the record you wish to edit
2) Add the audit fields: (Key Fields)
And make sure you check off the "system maintained" check mark on the record field properties
3) Delete fields that won’t be audited
4) Remove all key structures
5) Save and build the record
6) Link the base record to the audit record
Open- original record definition
Now all of your changes for that record will be tracked in the new audit record you just created.